Thor’s Hammer is looking for a fit, motivated person with good hand skills to join our bench top team as a full-time trades assistant. The main tasks are:
· Assisting with selecting timbers for bench tops and furniture
· Using woodworking machinery and power tools to make bench tops and tables from recycled timber
· Filling, fine sanding and finishing tables and bench tops with natural Osmo Hardwax Oil
You will need to enjoy working as part of a team in a busy workshop. Being in good physical condition and able to lift and work with heavy timbers is also important.
The following skills will be needed in this position:
· Good teamwork and communication
· Clear handwriting and good arithmetic
· An eye for detail
· Problem solving skills
· Good handwork skills – using hand tools and power tools
· An aptitude for working with machinery
The job starts as full time casual and has a pay range from $25 to $38 per hour, increasing as you learn and progress. After a 6 month review, there is option to go to a permanent position with conditions.
For the right applicant, there will be the potential to advance and take on more responsibility in the bench top team.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE