Thor’s Hammer is looking for a strong, capable person to work full time in our timber recycling team. The main tasks are:
· Working as part of a team to de-nail and metal detect timbers. (Timbers need to be completely free of nails so our dressing and joinery machinery isn’t damaged).
· Sorting recycled timbers by species, and grading for quality.
· Grinding and brushing posts and beams.
· Assisting with selecting timbers and picking out orders.
· Moving packs of timber with the forklift.
· Assisting the dressing team to machine timbers.
We will provide training in a heap of skills including:
· Identifying timber species.
· Grading timber.
· Forklift operation.
· Hand tools – hammer, pliers, pinch bar, metal detector.
· Power tools – air drill, air de-nailer, circular saw, grinder.
· Machinery – De-nailing line and chalk line docker, custom built floor board cleaning machine, timber dressing machinery.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about recycling timber and enjoys working as part of a team – you will also work by yourself some of the time. You will need to be able to persist with repetitive work (although there is plenty of opportunity to move between different tasks). For the right applicant, there will be potential to progress in the recycling team to a foreperson / supervisor role.
The job starts as full time casual with a pay range from $21 to $35 per hour, increasing as you learn and progress with skills and competencies. After 6 months there is potential to go to a permanent position with conditions.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE