Thor’s Hammer is looking for a strong, capable person to work in our timber recycling team. The main tasks are:
· Working as part of a team to de-nail and metal detect timbers. (Timbers need to be completely free of nails so our dressing and joinery machinery isn’t damaged).
· Sorting recycled timbers by species and grading for quality.
· Grinding and brushing posts and beams.
· Assisting with selecting timbers and picking out orders.
· Moving packs of timber with the forklift.
· Assisting the dressing team to machine timbers.
We will provide training in a heap of skills including:
· Identifying timber species.
· Grading timber.
· Forklift operation.
· Hand tools – hammer, pliers, pinch bar, metal detector.
· Power tools – air drill, air de-nailer, circular saw, grinder.
· Machinery – De-nailing line and chalk line docker, custom built floor board cleaning machine.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about recycling timber and enjoy working as part of a team, as well as on your own some of the time. You will need to be able to persist with repetitive work (although there is plenty of opportunity to move between different tasks).
Work is casual from $21 to $29.44 per hour, increasing as you learn and progress with skills and competencies. The position is flexible and is available from 2 to 5 days per week.
FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND EMAIL APPLICATIONS CLICK HERE